Monday, April 14, 2008

Northwest Airlines is no more...

Well, it's official. Northwest Airlines is no more. It was just announced a couple of hours ago that Delta Airlines is buying NWA and merging to become the world's largest airline, operating under the Delta name.

The experts are saying this turn of events will be sure to raise already high airline fares.

I'm glad the merger finally happened. Hopefully the new Delta will be bigger and better than ever before.

For info on the merger, visit CNN's article

Update:

It appears they even have a publicity website up-and-running:

http://www.newglobalairline.com/

2 comments:

Travis said...

"The experts are saying this turn of events will be sure to raise already high airline fares. I'm glad the merger finally happened."

huh?

David said...

What I meant was, I'm glad its finally over with and there is no more speculating. I'm also glad my meager Worldperks miles will add to my Skymiles balance.

Of course I'm not glad fares will raise (if they do). There is some speculation that it will only be in markets where the two airlines were previously competitive, and there was little overlap between their routes.