Find a Lower Rate. Get a Free Night! .. Click the Banner Below for Details.

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Anchorage, Alaska - Days Inn Downtown

I found this very rare opportunity early today. Looks like a great opportunity with free airport shuttle, and the hotel is centrally located in downtown Anchorage. Not bad for free! You may have problems if you book the refundable rate type, as they do offer a lower non-refundable one. However, Orbitz' non-refundable is still cheaper than DaysInn.com's. So, point this out when claiming for the refundable room type and hope for the best. It's clearly cheaper on Orbitz, no matter which way you slice it. This one is easily visible by searching Kayak.

Hotel Address: 321 East 5th Avenue, Anchorage, AK 99501 US

Competitor Website:
http://www.orbitz.com

Sample Date: September 10, 2008 and many more. Click here to check your specific dates.

Occupancy: 2 Persons

Room Details: 2 Double Beds (w or w/o micro and fridge) - ref and non-ref types.

Rate variation: Non-refundable: $66.75 Orbitz, $89.50 DaysInn. Refundable: $143.21 Orbitz, $179.00 DaysInn.

Special Comments: "Just 14 minutes from Anchorage International Airport and 5 minutes from Merrill Field and 6 blocks from the train station. We offer free Airport Shuttle, free Wireless High Speed Internet, and have Meeting/Banquet Facilities." - DaysInn.com. The hotel is also very close (within mere blocks) of a major shopping center, featuring Nordstrom, JC Penney and more. Confirmed approvals using non-refundable room types. Reviews on Tripadvisor are a bit poor (2.5/5).

Click here to read Tripadvisor reviews of this property

Click here to visit the hotel's official website.

Please remember to follow up and let us know if this BRG worked for you. Simply comment on this post! Thanks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This property charged 12% tax based on the published room rate. I contacted the manager, also the BRG manager, they all said I have to pay the tax even if I have a free night granted by BRG. I disputed the charge to my credit card company. It can take some time.

Dave @ The BRG Blog said...

It's becoming more and more common for a hotel to charge tax on a BRG stay, even if this is in reality an illegal practice.

I generally let them charge it and pay it if its less than $15. If it's in the high $20's I generally dispute it.

I just recieved a refund on my CC for the tax I paid in Florida in May - that was $28. My credit card deemed that it was an invalid charge, and agreed that the rate was zero so my tax would be zero.