Thank you all for participating in our TripAdvisor official luggage tag give-away! After sorting through your responses, we've chosen ten favorites to showcase here on the blog.
10. Always purchase travel insurance! Life is so unpredictable, and who needs the stress of a surprise hospital visit? Pay the few bucks and have peace of mind! (Nancy M., Kansas City KS)
9. Check for bedbugs and change rooms if your room is too unclean. Bedbugs can ruin a hotel visit. Be sure to consult sites like TripAdvisor to get an idea of what other travelers have encountered and experienced. (Ken G., Montreal QC)
8. Book early because the best deals are usually found months in advance so keep an eye open for them and grab them when you see something you like and meets your budget. (Roger V., Colorado Springs CO)
7. Prepare a bag of goodies of your child's favorite books and music and games so they have something to do while on the plane and won't cry and disturb all the people and have them stare at you, keep the kids happy and keep the moms happy, right...lol (Jenny O., Ardmore OK)
6. Earn Airline and hotel points/miles domestically (very economical way) and redeem internationally (best seats long haul flights & best properties worldwide). (Khalil D., Santa Ana CA)
5. When travelling in a foreign land, drink bottled water because you never know what parasites might be lurking in the water and no one wants an upset tummy (Sandy S., Santa Barbara CA)
4. I have been doing this for years. Check your bag at the curb! I watch people struggle with their carry-ons, dragging their luggage and other items onto escalators and through the terminal, while I stroll through the terminal and security with an apple and a magazine. (Barry L., Sparta NJ)
3. Travel light, so your suitcase has space to buy some local goodies during your trip (Jason R., New York NY)
2. Whenever checking in at a hotel, have something with a TripAdvisor logo available - either a cap (that I got a few years back), or a printout with a LARGE Logo of TripAdvisor. Check-in personnel are likely to notice this familiar logo, and are more likely to give you better treatment/better room because of it. (Dan B., Tel Aviv Israel)
and, the winner of the TripAdvisor Luggage Tag is....
1. If you want to find the best spots in town, don't ask the concierge or doorman at your hotel, but rather the taxi driver who picked you up at the airport, as they truly have their hand on the pulse of the city. (Daniel J., Ocala FL)
Congratulations, Daniel! Your TripAdvisor Luggage Tag will arrive within 2-3 weeks. Enjoy!